Author Topic: 67 San Jose FE starter cable to solenoid routing picture.  (Read 713 times)

1967 eight barrel

67 San Jose FE starter cable to solenoid routing picture.
« on: January 19, 2019, 07:45:12 PM »
The Osborne manual calls for one cable stanchion facing upward at the front block/engine insulator mount bolt.  I have seen several pictures recently with one on each stud to insulator mount that runs the cable over top of the mount and some that run it under.  Anyone have a picture of a correct routing for the starter to solenoid run at the mount area?

-Keith
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 12:38:36 AM by J_Speegle »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: FE starter cable to solenoid routing picture.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 06:03:45 PM »
Keith - What plant are you asking about since different plants often did things differently.  Assembly manual only showed what Ford engineers and others thought it should be done - when the page was printed.  Might have been different the day before or a week /month later - the reason the pages were printed and updated.

With a plant identified we can focus better. Also while we're at it are you interested in 6 cylinder  through 390's, all V8's or something more specific?

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 05:37:20 AM »
Jeff, It's my '67 GT 500.  San Jose.  There are two stanchions on some vehicles that are held in place by the mount block and not on others. Some run the cable under the mount and others over top.

-Keith

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 05:09:14 PM »
Jeff, It's my '67 GT 500.  San Jose.  There are two stanchions on some vehicles that are held in place by the mount block and not on others. Some run the cable under the mount and others over top.

Not sure if your looking at original or restored cars. Looking at 67 San Jose FE's - few originals that are available. I found over the top and a retainer at the rear motor mount bolt only so far.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 12:38:19 AM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 11:26:41 PM »
I know that the Osborne manuals are often incorrect. It shows one at the front with the grommet that the wire passes through facing up, just below the exhaust manifold. I noted a 428 cougar with two facing down. 
                                                                                     -Keith

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019, 12:37:59 AM »
............I noted a 428 cougar with two facing down.                               

In the manual or a unrestored car? Guessing your referring to a 68 also rather than a 67 
Jeff Speegle

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 67 San Jose FE starter cable to solenoid routing picture.
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2019, 12:44:57 AM »
Example with no retainer for the cable on the forward mounting bolt of the motor mount. Late 67 San Jose

Found another but its had its engine out at one point so no telling if things got back where they started from.  Continue to look
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 12:52:43 AM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle