Author Topic: 65 Wiper Blades  (Read 4279 times)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: 65 Wiper Blades
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2019, 06:30:41 PM »
Resurrecting this topic as I was working in the area and thought I'd post some information to spur additional thought and conversation. 
Not posting to make any conclusions just adding to the body of information.
The 5/3/65 date seems to be the time frame for the change from non-flanged to flanged arms.  Keep in mind these dates are some Ford imposed "average" for all the assembly plants.
I find it interesting that the arm shows as dull starting with the 5/3/65 date but the blade is shown as dull from 9/3/65.  I’m guessing the C5ZZ-17526-B arm number was probably for the flanged chrome arm but it is not accounted for in the parts books which leaves us to surmise or find original samples to tell when the flanged arm changed from chrome to dull. 
Regards,
Scott
Scott, there is a no flange and a flanged chrome wiper arm . I think that transition that you are referring to . Both no flange and flanged arms used the same polished blade portion.  It wouldn't make sense for Ford to have a mismatch assembly when they didn't have to.The dull version was a 1966 production transition because of Federal Mandate.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Scott302

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2019, 07:08:14 PM »
I wasn't referring to the non-flanged chrome arm (assumed to be C5ZZ-17526-A).  I was addressing the change to the flanged arm and the undocumented chrome version versus the dull version.  Sorry if I wasn't clear on that.  I tend to write less than what I am thinking!
I was guessing that C5ZZ-17526-B would have been chrome and flanged (not documented in the Ford books) versus C5ZZ-17526-C which is specified by Ford as dull and is listed as used on the same date what I believe was the date of change to the flanged arm and all the other parts that would be effected by that change.  I am stating that Ford left out C5ZZ-B from the record and only lists the C5ZZ-C.  An error of some type.  We know there was a chrome flanged arm so how long was it used before the dull arm replaced it?
Regards,
Scott
Scott Halseth
Ford Product Manager
National Parts Depot
MCA#01776

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2019, 11:40:46 PM »
I wasn't referring to the non-flanged chrome arm (assumed to be C5ZZ-17526-A).  I was addressing the change to the flanged arm and the undocumented chrome version versus the dull version.  Sorry if I wasn't clear on that.  I tend to write less than what I am thinking!
I was guessing that C5ZZ-17526-B would have been chrome and flanged (not documented in the Ford books) versus C5ZZ-17526-C which is specified by Ford as dull and is listed as used on the same date what I believe was the date of change to the flanged arm and all the other parts that would be effected by that change.  I am stating that Ford left out C5ZZ-B from the record and only lists the C5ZZ-C.  An error of some type.  We know there was a chrome flanged arm so how long was it used before the dull arm replaced it?
Regards,
Scott
I always thought the flanged chrome arm appeared when the change and redesign of the wiper shaft opening in the cowl which eliminated the chrome bezels surrounding the arm . The chrome flanged arm was used from that point on up to the end of 65 production . 66 production was the logical starting point of the dull flanged arm because of the Federal mandate.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline steve_f

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2019, 06:25:19 PM »
Scott,
My May 15, 1965 SJ GT fastback (5R09A2222xx) has the chrome flanged wiper arms that I believe are original to the car. I have replaced the blades but not the arms.
Steve
Steve
1965 (15S) San Jose Mustang GT Fastback (sold)