Author Topic: Trunk Lid Torsion Spring  (Read 546 times)

Offline tgilliam

Trunk Lid Torsion Spring
« on: October 13, 2020, 07:31:44 AM »
Looking for a source for the push-on retainer (looks like a washer with funny shaped hole) on the passenger side end of the trunk lid spring. The car is a 67 Shelby GT 350 with a March 67 Ford San Jose build date. I have not been able to find this in the assembly manual - may not be looking for the correct part name. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks you.

Tom Gilliam

Offline jwc66k

Re: Trunk Lid Torsion Spring
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 12:50:27 PM »
The Ford part number for the spring nut is 380264-S2 and is shown in the "67 Weld and Sealant Assembly Manual" on page W7-8345. Toward the end of 67 production, a design change eliminated the spring nut but I don't know the change date.
The same spring nut was used from early 65 thru 66 production. I mention those years for sources as the spring nut is not reproduced.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 01:13:52 PM »
Looking for a source for the push-on retainer (looks like a washer with funny shaped hole) on the passenger side end of the trunk lid spring. The car is a 67 Shelby GT 350 with a March 67 Ford San Jose build date. I have not been able to find this in the assembly manual - may not be looking for the correct part name. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks you.

Tom Gilliam
Tom,I have one extra new one that Dave Mathews gave me that has been pinned to my bulletin board for about 10 years. I will pay it forward. PM me your mailing address again so I don't have to look it up and I will put it in the mail to you.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline tgilliam

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 08:23:23 PM »
Bob,
Thanks a million. I will send you a PM

Tom Gilliam
tom.gilliam@logan-aluminum.com

Offline tgilliam

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2020, 08:26:07 PM »
jwc66k,
Thank you for the response and information on the retainer. That will give me something to watch for.
I appreciate you sharing your knowledge.

Tom Gilliam
(270) 755 -6417