Author Topic: Front Wheel Well Hardware Applications - Dearborn  (Read 644 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Front Wheel Well Hardware Applications - Dearborn
« on: November 04, 2020, 04:43:30 PM »
Going to start this thread off focusing on 69 Dearborn cars since, with Boss's, there are likely more of those being restored than ones built at the other two plants. Can confirm I do have examples from cars built at all three plants which look the same.

So the presence of zip ties in the front wheel well to hold up the turn lamp wiring came up in another thread I thought I would post some pictures and partial VINs to go with them showing their apparent usage at all three plants during 69 production. Found it interesting that the zip ties were not "cranked down" so that the wire and tie would not move but instead were applied  so that there could be some movement if needed for some reason.

Looking at the available 69 Electrical Assembly Manual pages it appears that they may be shown on page three and if so are identified as #351453-S. Supplier is often identified as being Panduit. Not sure if that was a sole source (not a typical practice) or brand was used at all plants.

Hope this helps us understand better some of the production practices and details that may have been overlooked or lost as time has pasted 

9F1413xx

9F1962xx Happens to be a Boss 429

9F2169xx

9F22088xx Arrow indicates the possible loose end of the tie

« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 05:24:09 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Shelby50069

Re: Front Wheel Well Hardware Applications - Dearborn
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 02:41:20 AM »
Sample pictures from my 69 January build San Jose Mach 1.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 04:39:03 PM »
Sample pictures from my 69 January build San Jose Mach 1.

Thanks for posting another example
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Magnum

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2020, 03:43:57 PM »
I've got a March built Metuchen 428 scj mustang with the same zip ties.