Author Topic: New member  (Read 1582 times)

Offline Dudley

« on: July 19, 2011, 04:23:01 PM »
I just discovered this site, having been a member of VMF for a few years I am surprised it took me so long to 'find' it. One of those 'duhh" moments.  I have seen a couple familiar names here of others from VMF.
I love the format broken down by year of production. I am posting here since my car is a '68. I have looked at most of the questions, topics, and responses within this section and found many interesting and detailed discussions. My current Mustang is a CA black plate unrestored from SJ which was purchased new for a 65 year old woman who lived at 830 Sharon Park Drive in Menlo Park at the lower portion of the SF Bay. She had it until she died around 2001. Eventually I bought it and it came to my home in NYS in an enclosed trailer. It currently has 11,845 miles on her. I have taken a few pictures of it from time to time to help supply info and have posted them on the allfordmustang website that can be viewed by following the instructions in my signature below. I live in Hyde Park NY. I have owned Mustangs since 1968 when I bought a '66 sprint convertible which was show-room new looking.
sold my sig pix Mustang to Marcus Anghel in Sept 2017 -- 1968 Mustang coupe 11,900 mile unrestored-June 19,1968 SJ build. ON COVER OF MCA MUSTANG TIMES APRIL 2018 with feature article. My personal Pix available at :  http://www.allfordmustangs.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/137299/ppuser

Offline ruppstang

Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 09:52:36 PM »
Welcome, glad you found yes. Marty

Offline 68 S Code

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 11:32:44 PM »
Dudley you belong on this forum. Welcome. This one is for the hard core enthusiast who strives for perfection. Your car could provide a wealth of information for those with a  similar 68. We spoke last december when I asked you to crawl around under your car. Rich

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 12:43:53 AM »
Welcome
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Dudley

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 08:33:34 AM »
Dudley you belong on this forum. Welcome. This one is for the hard core enthusiast who strives for perfection. Your car could provide a wealth of information for those with a  similar 68. We spoke last december when I asked you to crawl around under your car. Rich

Rich, I remember our conversation, how are things with you and your Mustang(s).

getting mine ready for a local car show this weekend. First time out since last July (the car not me) . Looking forward to it. Always a little nervous because I still display the California black plates it was first registered with instead of the NYS plates, but I had the NYS plates made specisl with the same characters so they are both the same number wise and keep them locked in the trunk. But I don't get it inspected every year, it expired in April, so I am trying to stretch it till next year. Otherwise everyting up legal. It will go back under cover after the show. Dudley
sold my sig pix Mustang to Marcus Anghel in Sept 2017 -- 1968 Mustang coupe 11,900 mile unrestored-June 19,1968 SJ build. ON COVER OF MCA MUSTANG TIMES APRIL 2018 with feature article. My personal Pix available at :  http://www.allfordmustangs.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/137299/ppuser

Offline 68 S Code

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 11:00:03 PM »
Dudley I'm still trying to finish her up. Evrytime I think I am ready to move forward I find I have to go back and change something. Hope to finish up the engine compartment this weekend with radiator install, fan, hoses, shroud etc. Right now I'm waiting on two new belts for the alternator. If they show up and the heat wave lets up (no AC in garage and temps without heat index are 100 so I figure 120 in the garage). The people here are great with passing along knowledge, helpful hints, restoration techniques, high end product suppliers etc.

Offline janschutz

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 06:35:07 PM »
Welcome to the forum!