Author Topic: New guy alert  (Read 1747 times)

Offline bbs428

• Retired navy brat
New guy alert
« on: December 28, 2011, 12:42:14 AM »
Hey guys - Thought I would say "Hi" and introduce myself.
I have been lurking around searching out subjects that interest me and trying to solve the unanswered questions about my car. I really like this site a lot and have followed a bunch of threads with keen interest.  I also post at the "Mustang 428 Cobra Jet Registry."

About me - I grew up in Plymouth, Mich. My grandfather worked for Ford at the Valve plant in Northville, Mich. most of his entire life. My favorite of the cars he owned was a baby blue 66 thunderbird with a new engine option - the 428. My aunt got her dad to order her a brand new 1966 six banger mustang coupe. Was a big deal back then.  At that time I liked the 66 bird better than the stang, so much that sometimes he would let me sit on his lap and drive it!  He was the best. I was 7 yrs old.
I now live in Southwest Missouri, out in the country in the Ozarks where I have a shop for working on cars and other madness.  I'm retired Navy avionics tech, self taught gear head and sheet metal mauler.
I've owned a few mustangs in the past. All 67 and 69 cars. I own two mustangs at present - My car is a San Jose built 1969 mach 1.  Color is B5 - Royal Maroon with the black out hood treatment. It's a 428 cj 4spd close ratio with a 3.50 traction-loc. pwr steering, pwr disk brakes, am radio, tinted glass complete. It was built 02/18/69. Kevin Marti says the car is 1 of 3 out of 299,036 mustangs built in 1969.

The wife's car is a 1967 "A" code convertible with air cond. and deluxe exterior. We found it rusting away in Dallas, Tx.  It's a restomod so enough said...

My goal is to make the car better, so it can compete in a concours driver class. The Mach 1 has been a great driver and looks good enough to place or be a runner up in the local midwest mustang shows. I enjoy driving the car a lot, so I'm not sure how realistic I am to be able to keep the car competitive at a higher level.

Nice talking with and meeting all of ya.

I'll be posting soon with some questions and I'll try not to be so wordy...  ;)

Mach 1 428 cj "R" code 4spd. Royal Maroon. Built in San Jose 18 Feb, 1969.

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
Re: New guy alert
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 08:26:20 AM »
Hello and welcome aboard. Pretty car
Tim
Tim Lea  Shelby concours judge MCA, SAAC, Mid America

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 09:20:40 AM »
Welcome, this is a great place to learn. We have a 68 fastback that we show in the MCA concours driven class. We have traveled all over the US and have enjoyed driving and competing in our 68.
You have a great looking Mach. Marty

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 03:11:08 PM »
Welcome!
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline svo2scj

• Car Collector and home to WHEEL CITY FAIRLANE
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 05:30:34 PM »
Welcome

I did all my Christmas shopping in Plymouth MI this year !!

You will find many of the 428 site here - with the beauty of knowledge across the years from MANY ! 

Funny how WE all got infected by an early experience with Fords !

Mark
P.S.  Did you see my photo of the restored driveshaft?
1969 R Code , Sportsroof (non Mach) W Axle
AB , Standard Interior  San Jose built 4/22/1969

Offline dave6768

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 08:45:18 PM »
Welcome.  For sure you found the right place for concourse questions.  The folks on here constantly amaze me with the collective pool of knowledge on  our play toys.  8)

Dave