Author Topic: wheelhouse wire clip  (Read 1865 times)

Offline 70qcode

wheelhouse wire clip
« on: January 10, 2013, 12:56:03 AM »
In my local Mustang boneyard I found this clip holding the tailight harness on the wheelhouse on a 1970 San Jose-built coupe with California emissions-was this clip typical of other plants or body styles? My car is Dearborn-built Mach 1 but if it was on there it was long gone. Thanks for the help!

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: wheelhouse wire clip
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 03:48:21 PM »
Is your 70 Dearborn car a Thermactor or non-Thermactor car?
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 70qcode

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 06:00:32 PM »
Well, it's a Q-code so it has the thermactor stuff. It was also sold in California originally so it has CA emissions.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 06:32:35 PM »
Well, it's a Q-code so it has the thermactor stuff. It was also sold in California originally so it has CA emissions.

Sorry was working on Thermactor questiosn for someone else and my mind drifted :(   Yes Cal Emissions

Looking at the 70 Dearborn pictures I have of all the Cal Emission equipped cars I could not find any unrestored cars or wrecks with a clip like you found on the San Jose car.  Just what I found

BTW did you see the pictures (a small number) I posted a while back of the 70 Dearborn Cal Evap car where the luggage protector strip was interior windlacing rather then the "normal thin sharped edges stuff ?

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline krelboyne

• West Coast Classic Cougars
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 09:46:30 PM »
I can easily find that clip on tail light harnesses on 1968 Cougars. Per the 1968 Cougar assembly manual the part number is 372047-S100 Clip.
Scott Behncke - Carcheaologist
West Coast Classic Cougars
503-463-1130
1968 GT/CS 302-4V San Jose 05B
1968 Cougar XR7 Dearborn 09A

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 12:17:24 AM »
Per the 69 and 70 Mustang Assembly Manuals, that clip had minimal use. For those years it was used for wire retaining for the speakers, ash tray lights and optional engine heaters. That does not preclude an engineering directive for the assembly line to use one for taillight wiring. However, the large opening is typical for the clip being used for fuel lines or "K"  car choke cables.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline 70qcode

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 01:24:31 AM »
Thank you for the replies. Well,I was hoping I could clean up and use the clip (because it's kind of cool), but sounds like it would not have been on my car. So, if someone else can use it, I'm happy to send it along...As far as the luggage protector is concerned, both my car and the 70 SJ coupe I showed the picture of have the exact same short section of weatherstrip on the driver side wheelhouse pinch weld that you showed in the picture. I'll clean mine up and reinstall proudly!