Author Topic: Firewall help needed - June 69 Dearborn With Automatic Trans, AC & PB  (Read 958 times)

Offline truetriplex

I need some help getting the extra hole filled in on my firewall but am not sure as to which are extra, and which belong. Car is a 69 fastback, Dearborn built (6/13), A/T, A/C, P/S R-code.  Can any of you tell me which holes were added, and that I need to fill in?  The car is at the body shop now and they are getting ready to begin work.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 05:02:36 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Lots of variations based on how the car was equipped and other details. Below is the only hole I was not able to verify.

Maybe someone else has found one there. I didn't. Hope this helps

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline truetriplex

Thanks Jeff.  What other items or variations come in to play to determine firewall openings? Not knowing Mustangs or Shelby's that well, I am looking to make it as correct as possible since now is the time to close the inappropriate holes.

Offline specialed

if its a 70 gt500 it will have added choke cable hole done at kk plant.

Offline 69GT350H

• 1 of 10 Hertz Rentals from Miami Int Airport
    • RedsHost is my private forum and photo gallery site
Your marked hole might be for the rubber plug that holds the firewall pad in place?
Accurate looking but not a Concours Restoration/build. See my build photo gallery at 69GT350 Hertz Build

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Your marked hole might be for the rubber plug that holds the firewall pad in place?

The one for the plug for the firewall pad is at about 1 o'clock from the hole with the arrow on a bunch of examples. The hole in question is on a flatter/more horizontal surface of the firewall.

You example appears to be from a 70  and possibly a California vapor recovery car for others watching the thread
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)