Author Topic: Hipo Forum  (Read 18341 times)

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: Hipo Forum
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2011, 04:08:51 PM »
Unfortunately, we now know where the priorities lie of the folks that ran the site.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2011, 11:39:11 AM »
Could the site be for sale? wonder what it would take to buy it? such a shame to loose all that valuable info.

Offline mustang.biz

« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2011, 08:05:29 PM »
I was never on that forum, but you should know that the information is likely NOT lost.

If you visit http://www.archive.org/ you can access archives of basically the entire internet. http://hipomustang.com was indexed.

For instance, here is a post that I got to by looking at the Sept 2010 archive of hipomustang.com and just navigating to a random area:

http://web.archive.org/web/20100922153435/http://hipomustang.com/hpmx/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10595

I would suggest that if there are any particularly valuable threads or images on there someone should make the effort to get the info downloaded and archived.

If you need assistance with using that site or finding something specific, let me know. Keep in mind, dynamic things like search won't work, it is just an HTML snapshot.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 08:07:25 PM by mustang.biz »

Offline 289route66

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2011, 09:14:51 PM »
Such a shame to lose the communication and exchange of information specific to those kars.  I don't understand why Marv and Hank will not communicate with us. 

Offline mcfly

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2011, 12:04:39 AM »
I was never on that forum, but you should know that the information is likely NOT lost.

If you visit http://www.archive.org/ you can access archives of basically the entire internet.

That site is great but Now I am really pissed... I just spent the last hour looking at old posts.. I knew I missed it but not as much as I do now...
Has anyone tried E-mailing marv to see what is going on...
But at least for now I can read old posts

mike

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2011, 08:14:49 PM »
That site is great but Now I am really pissed... I just spent the last hour looking at old posts.. I knew I missed it but not as much as I do now...
Has anyone tried E-mailing marv to see what is going on...
But at least for now I can read old posts

Kind of surprised that if they are uninterested in continuing with the site that they didn't sell to to one of those groups that are buying up forums such as these and bundling them them for resale.

In any case you might want to start printing the important threads, printing them in pdf and saving the info for later - info mining ;)  Done that at some older sites before the databases disappeared
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline cobraboy

« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2011, 10:42:46 AM »
Kind of surprised that if they are uninterested in continuing with the site that they didn't sell to to one of those groups that are buying up forums such as these and bundling them them for resale.

In any case you might want to start printing the important threads, printing them in pdf and saving the info for later - info mining ;)  Done that at some older sites before the databases disappeared

Where would you start ?
I bet every thread on that site holds vital information for someone. It was unusual for a topic to come up that was boring or of little value.
I learnt so much in such a short space of time, My car would not be half the car it is now without the generous help of the people there.
I have saved lots and lots of info, and am now in the fortunate position to have collected all the missing rare parts I needed, that I would not have known about otherwise.
If the site were to miraculously re appear now, the membership will still be pretty cheesed off for a long while, and I for one will think hard before I give any more money over.
13th April 1965 Dearborn K GT on the other side of the pond.

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2011, 04:33:40 PM »
Well, the good thing is that between this site and the SAAC forum, I think most any hi-po related question should be answered properly.  A lot of folks that were posting on the hi-po forum are members here.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2011, 10:20:55 AM »
Well, the good thing is that between this site and the SAAC forum, I think most any hi-po related question should be answered properly.  A lot of folks that were posting on the hi-po forum are members here.

+1 THANK YOU Charles!!!

Offline Brant

• Virginia Classic Mustang Inc
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2011, 12:48:40 PM »
It is back.

http://www.hipomustang.com/hpmx/

Read the post about re-registering.

Offline flyingfred

« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2011, 12:52:48 PM »
I just reregistered on the Hipo forum. I am happy to see that Hank perservered in getting it back up.

-Fred-

Offline cobraboy

« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2011, 01:32:14 PM »
Hi Fred
Please let the admin Know that the return activation email is not working.
Thank you
Mark

Offline gjz30075

« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2011, 01:58:16 PM »
Getting 'Fatal Error...' trying to register.   Guess I'll try later.
Greg Z

Offline flyingfred

« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2011, 03:47:45 PM »
So far 21 people have registered on the Hipo forum so everything must be working now. I personally did not encounter any problem when I registered.

This was Hanks latest post regarding registration:

"I disabled the activation email until I can figure out what is keeping it from working. If you already registered and didn't get an email, I manually activated your account."

-Fred-

Offline cobraboy

« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2011, 03:58:28 PM »
Thanks Fred