Author Topic: Upper Radiator Hose - Authentic  (Read 671 times)

Offline sanluis09

Upper Radiator Hose - Authentic
« on: September 10, 2014, 11:56:32 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm concern about the true authentic radiator hose for the 65 Mustang, specifically on their stamped part number(s)... I had seen a few NOS radiator hoses from 1965/1966 cars and all of them have two lines of part numbers stamped on it just above the Fomoco logo....and here comes my doubt:

I want to share with you a shot of a movie that I have at home, this movie is called "A Man and a Woman" and was launched in 1966....the special thing is that there were a couple of Mustangs....and in one scene, they're repairing one of them for a competition....so, I took a shot of the engine where you could see the upper radiator hose and there's only ONE part number stamped on it, in this case is C4ZE-8260-A.

As I said, all of the NOS hoses that I had seen, have two part numbers stamped and not just one....or maybe the stamped numbers on the hoses differs between plants, month of the year, etc....I don't know.

I'll appreciate your comments,

sanluis09

http://www.petrolicious.com/drivers-cinema-un-homme-et-une-femme-1966

1965 WW Hardtop, 289-2V, 3-speed manual transmission. Unrestored. Assembled in Mexico on the time frame of: Oct 64-Feb 65.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Upper Radiator Hose - Authentic
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 01:53:39 PM »
Most telling part of your post to me is "As I said, all of the NOS hoses that I had seen, have two part numbers stamped and not just one." Your comparing  hoses to service replacements and that in itself brings up all sorts of possibilities.

Sure others will start posting comparisons with original hoses (can't get to my pictures this moment)  and you'll likely find your answer
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)