Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Wanted Ads / Re: Space Saver Spare Tie Down and Nut
« Last post by rustbucket on Today at 05:54:20 PM »
I have some of the original ford spare tire hold down J hook bolts , with wing nuts and even the small circular retainer plates from various mustangs.
I dont know what yours is supposed o look like , but If you can provide a pic or measurements of the style correct for your car , I can see if I have one for you
1970 Boss / Re: Wiring Question
« Last post by jwc66k on Today at 04:46:47 PM »
Can someone tell me where these wires go and what should he hooked up to them? Thanks!
I would recommend you get a set of "1970 Mustang Assembly Manuals". Your questions are answered in the electrical manual.
Jim
Drivetrain / Re: Engine inspection log / checklist
« Last post by RoyceP on Today at 04:03:29 PM »
There is really not one of what you think is needed. A machine shop will typically inspect your block using a dial bore gage. The machinist will examine each hole to determine if the hole is out of round. Typically the first hole will be wildly tapered and out of round. He will stop and order a set of pistons. In very few, rare occasion a block will check out and not need to be bored. The machinist will simply let the owner know that he can re - use the pistons with new rings if that is the case.

Same goes for the crankshaft, camshaft and any other part. Typically they need replacing or refurbishing - good ones are rare.
« Last post by J_Speegle on Today at 03:25:12 PM »
First always remember that your car will have more connections that likely originally used. Saves money to make one or two wiring looms with ever possible connection than create multiples specifically for all the possibilities and just those ones

First picture purple wire and connection is for the brake warning light. Often owners/builders leave it off when they can't figure out how to center the piston that sits between the front and rear brake passages

Other black plug with the four wires is for (sorry don't have a wiring diagram open at the moment) the rear turn indicator lights for a Mach I with the fake hood scoop. Not used for your applciation

Second picture - The white boot goes to the carburetor idle solenoid your car came with originally. Keeps it from dieseling

Green wire with boot would be not used on your application since its for AC

Blue with red tracer/stripe wire is for a light - in this case believe its the one in the shifter bezel for an automatic - Again not used for your applciation

« Last post by carlite65 on Today at 02:43:30 PM »
it sure would help if we knew what your car's details were. otherwise just guessing. suggest you add those facts to your signature as most here have done.
Wanted Ads / Space Saver Spare Tie Down and Nut
« Last post by mgerg11 on Today at 02:25:45 PM »
Hello all-  I am looking for an original spare tire hold down and nut for the space saver tire.  For 70 Boss 302? Thanks!! -Mike
1964 1/2 - 1965 / Re: stuck seat belt
« Last post by J_Speegle on Today at 02:04:29 PM »
Jeff,

The 1964.5 seat belts are very different from the other years.  They do not have the typical roller as shown in your picture.  It is just a fixed flat bar the belt wraps around.  I am sure the rust from the bar is stuck to the belt.  I just cannot figure out how to disassemble the buckle to free things up or how to simply free the belt from the bar.

Corey

Corey sorry was not aware that the inner workings were so different
1970 Boss / Wiring Question
« Last post by mgerg11 on Today at 01:45:57 PM »
Can someone tell me where these wires go and what should he hooked up to them? Thanks!
1964 1/2 - 1965 / Re: stuck seat belt
« Last post by jwc66k on Today at 01:45:20 PM »
I recommend that you send your belts to Python Restorations https://pythonrestoration.com/ I've had a couple of sets restored by them and was satisfied by their quality, prices and delivery times.
Jim
Drivetrain / Engine inspection log / checklist
« Last post by RickP330 on Today at 01:44:02 PM »
Hello all,
I did a quick search and didn't find anything, sorry if I missed it.

When inspecting my 289 block I would like to record all of the Measurments and keep them a log in long form so I can refer to them later if I want to.  You know cylinder measurements are taken 90 apart and in three locations.  That's a lot of numbers to keep straight and then calculate the oblong and taper dimensions. 

Is there a readily created sheet or form I can start with to log all of this?  Plus then I can keep it with the car for you know, down the road.  Much TIA.
Rick
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10