Author Topic: Pattern wanted - Late production Mustang 2+2 rear quarter panel water shield  (Read 472 times)

Offline SFM6S1640

Hi all,

I am looking for someone with one of these shields that could share a pattern, so I could make a pair for a late build March 1966 Mustang fastback rear quarter panel water shield, or "shower curtain".  I believe these shields were added to the fastback when the vent drain hose was deleted, I assume for a cost savings.  My Mustang is a San Jose build.  The fitting for the drain hose was never installed on the drip tray, so a hose can not be attached like the factory did.    I am assuming this was part of the cost savings, eliminated the fitting, clamp and hose in favor of the less expensive plastic water shield.  I am hearing the shield is not that effective, but I like to stick to OEM parts.  Any help would be appreciated.

Attached is an image of the shield from a San Jose fastback Mustang with a mid May 1966 build.  I also attached an image of the vent drip tray with absent fitting for reference.  Please send me an IM.

Thank you

Cory

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Discussion about when and if these were installed at San Jose was moved to https://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=25913.msg160217#msg160217  so that the thread can focus on helping the OP find a pattern
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)