Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
1968 Mustang / Re: 68 Radiator Support Plug Buttons
« Last post by dkknab on Today at 02:06:55 PM »
The odd looking opening is actually not typically a perfect square hole . It started off in earlier 67 as a oblong hole and then transitioned in later 67 production to have a square punched added to the oblong so what you see is both. It is unused on a Mustang but has to do with the mounting of the headlight assembly on a Cougar which shares the same radiator support.

It is a curious looking hole.  Makes sense it was first an oblong or oval hole and then they superimposed a square-ish hole over top. It's also neat that my top 2 are filled with the rubber plugs as apparently it was with Metuchen cars.
« Last post by Bob Gaines on Today at 01:41:08 PM »
 The odd looking opening is actually not typically a perfect square hole . It started off in earlier 67 as a oblong hole and then transitioned in later 67 production to have a square punched added to the oblong so what you see is both. It is unused on a Mustang but has to do with the mounting of the headlight assembly on a Cougar which shares the same radiator support.
« Last post by dkknab on Today at 01:32:28 PM »
Metuchen cars have 4 square holes. Rubber plugs typically go in top holes only

Well I'll be dipped.  Sure enough,  I have 2 additional holes up high on the radiator support and they are plugged with the rubber plugs.  Guess I'll leave the 2 bottom ones unplugged. Thank you.

Can you tell me anything about the size of the hole next to the alternator regulator and whether a Metuchen car uses the T- clip instead of the strap per the assembly manual to secure the wiring harness? Also what size is the hole? Mine measures about .28 inches which is too large to hold the normal straps.
Gents,  Again, I recommend Message Tucson bruce.  He maybe can assist.

Dan in kansas
« Last post by TLea on Today at 11:31:26 AM »
Metuchen cars have 4 square holes. Rubber plugs typically go in top holes only
Suspension / Re: Original brake calipers - 1968 to 1970
« Last post by TLea on Today at 11:24:08 AM »
Marcus
I have seen quite a few of the version pictured on the right but never any I an say came off original cars. I used to be able to go to parts store and have them bring in 20-30 rebuilts. I would sort through them and put aside the ones like on the right. I always assumed they were from later 70's
Parts for Sale / 1968 underdash tilt components
« Last post by Coralsnake on Today at 09:44:20 AM »
Correct for Shelby or Mustang $700 shipped to you

Coralsnake68@hotmail.com
Wanted Ads / 67 KH Backing plates 70858 & 70859
« Last post by VXH on Today at 02:00:51 AM »
Hello,

Looking for a set of Kelsey Hayes 67 Shelby backing plates.

Thank you
1970 Mustang / Re: What is the correct paint for Mach 1 rocker moundings?
« Last post by DaveF on Today at 12:10:06 AM »
It?s nice to know that I am not the only person having this issue.
Parts for Sale / Re: NOS C7ZZ-3494-A 1967 Mustang Power Steering Hose
« Last post by Snydly289 on May 27, 2024, 10:17:30 PM »
Hose has been sold
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10