Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
1968 Mustang / Re: 68 Carburetor Details 2V Heater Hose Bracket
« Last post by Anghelrestorations on June 02, 2024, 11:14:06 PM »
David....Im going to keep referring you back to the same information on this car because like I already said this is as close of a reference to what you have as possible.  This exact detail you can see in this video here.  Go to the 10:51 mark if you dont want to watch the whole thing. 

Wanted Ads / Re: Space Saver Spare Tie Down and Nut
« Last post by Bob Gaines on June 02, 2024, 11:10:28 PM »
This is a picture of the special J bolt for space saver . It is designated as "C" in the quad. It is from Scott Fullers Reproductions  You might check with him to see if he has any more. If not I may have a extra I keep as a spare so check with Scott first.
1968 Mustang / Re: 68 Carburetor Details 2V Heater Hose Bracket
« Last post by dkknab on June 02, 2024, 10:36:35 PM »
According to NPD this part is called the Choke Housing Heat Shield item number 9861-1A. In the description it says its the correct finish zinc dichromate. Can anyone confirm this is correct for 68s?
Processes, Products & Techniques / Re: 3M 8509 obsolete and unobtainable
« Last post by slk25 on June 02, 2024, 10:28:25 PM »
Charles,
You were correct, it is very sticky and takes a long time to become less tacky.
I put my windshield in on Mother's Day and the stuff is still tacky today over three weeks later.
1970 Boss / Re: Wiring Question
« Last post by midlife on June 02, 2024, 10:27:50 PM »
First always remember that your car will have more connections that likely originally used. Saves money to make one or two wiring looms with ever possible connection than create multiples specifically for all the possibilities and just those ones

First picture purple wire and connection is for the brake warning light. Often owners/builders leave it off when they can't figure out how to center the piston that sits between the front and rear brake passages

Other black plug with the four wires is for (sorry don't have a wiring diagram open at the moment) the rear turn indicator lights for a Mach I with the fake hood scoop. Not used for your applciation

Second picture - The white boot goes to the carburetor idle solenoid your car came with originally. Keeps it from dieseling

Green wire with boot would be not used on your application since its for AC

Blue with red tracer/stripe wire is for a light - in this case believe its the one in the shifter bezel for an automatic - Again not used for your applciation
Absolutely correct.  However, the green wire with boot was only available if (1) the car had AC and (2) the underdash harness is original to the car.
1970 Boss / Re: Space saver spare
« Last post by Bob Gaines on June 02, 2024, 09:41:14 PM »
I don't think that the yellow warning sticker came into use until 71 production.
1970 Boss / Space saver spare
« Last post by mgerg11 on June 02, 2024, 07:39:04 PM »
Hello-  I recently picked up a 70 boss 302 and I am going through it.  I am trying to find out if this spare is legit or repop.  I see a K for kelsey hayes and an M on there with an upside down 25 along w some other stampings.  Any insight would help.  Searches have brought up some confusing info for me.

Thanks!  Mike
« Last post by mgerg11 on June 02, 2024, 07:23:38 PM »
I have no idea thats why I am on here? its a 70 boss 302 with the space saver spare
« Last post by rustbucket on June 02, 2024, 05:54:20 PM »
I have some of the original ford spare tire hold down J hook bolts , with wing nuts and even the small circular retainer plates from various mustangs.
I dont know what yours is supposed o look like , but If you can provide a pic or measurements of the style correct for your car , I can see if I have one for you
1970 Boss / Re: Wiring Question
« Last post by jwc66k on June 02, 2024, 04:46:47 PM »
Can someone tell me where these wires go and what should he hooked up to them? Thanks!
I would recommend you get a set of "1970 Mustang Assembly Manuals". Your questions are answered in the electrical manual.
Jim
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10