Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
1969 Mustang / Re: 69 Spring Perch Stepped Bush
« Last post by jwc66k on Today at 04:33:55 PM »
Thats normal and the way they were all designed.  All of the spring perches from 65 to 73 and the Ford service replacements.
Marcus,
Almost. There are "differences" as you detain in your "1965-1973 Ford Suspension and Restoration Guide" (V3.4, which seems to have a "hiccup" on pg 16 when I call it up. The message says to contact you.). You show the original 65-66 bushings without the "raised edge" and there is a difference in the "tab" used to retain the end of the spring. The original 65-66 has a small. about 1/2 inch high, rounded "tab", and later years have a 5/8-3/4 inch square "tab". (Ref pgs 26 and 27)
Jim
1969 Mustang / Re: 69 Spring Perch Stepped Bush
« Last post by Anghelrestorations on Today at 02:41:16 PM »
Thats normal and the way they were all designed.  All of the spring perches from 65 to 73 and the Ford service replacements. 
1969 Mustang / 69 Spring Perch Stepped Bush
« Last post by Aussiemach on Today at 07:34:09 AM »
My spring perch stamped FoMoCo had yellow paint on the end of the rubber bush so I'm assuming it was original. A spare I have is stamped with the Ford oval.
Both of these perches had a stepped diameter bush so that when the bush is pressed into the perch both ends are an interference fit so it's tight.
Is this design normal for '69 or are these an anomaly ?
If normal when was the stepped design introduced ?

1966 Mustang / 66 C4 San Jose concours appearance
« Last post by national-mustangs on Today at 01:31:40 AM »
hey guys, would anyone be able to help with some pics of a restored or unrestored C4 from a San Jose built A code car?
We are in the middle of restoring and rebuilding an auto now and wanting to get it all correct, thanks in advance
Parts / Re: I need a new windshield, PS auto glass or ECS?
« Last post by J_Speegle on May 18, 2024, 10:59:24 PM »
The Library article on 65 Glass goes to a dead link. My windshield has been replaced, I'm looking for information on what the date code and logo would have looked like and their location.

You may be able to apply the information in the thread below but guess you did a search, found & read it and it didn't help

https://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=8156.msg55498#msg55498

And of course you have the article posted and written by Marcus

https://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=8156.msg55498#msg55498

Parts / Re: I need a new windshield, PS auto glass or ECS?
« Last post by jtfx6552 on May 18, 2024, 05:53:50 PM »
The Library article on 65 Glass goes to a dead link. My windshield has been replaced, I'm looking for information on what the date code and logo would have looked like and their location.
1966 Mustang / Re: C4ZE Y1 4 Speed Radiator Questions
« Last post by J_Speegle on May 18, 2024, 04:58:39 PM »
Thank you everyone.  I found a tank and it will be installed next week.

Good for you and that was quick.
1967 Mustang / Re: Location of Parking brake Equalizer pivot bracket
« Last post by jwc66k on May 18, 2024, 03:09:37 PM »
Go to this forums' "Library" and open "ConcoursMustang.com Official 67 Mustang Article List", then open "1965-72 Ford Master Parts Catalog" (aka MPC - it's a link to a T-Bird site that allows us to use their data), then go to the illustrated section on wheels and brakes. You want "Illustrated Section 20", page 11, where you can see the items you are interested in for a common reference. Unfortunately, there are no measurements.
Jim
1967 Mustang / Location of Parking brake Equalizer pivot bracket
« Last post by motor head 428 on May 18, 2024, 10:12:27 AM »
The floor pan was changed on a friends car and we are trying to get a measurement for the bracket the the Parking brake pivot bracket to the transmission crossmember. We would like to get the measurement to the center of the pin that the Parking Brake Equalizer pivots on. Thank You
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10