Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
1968 Mustang / Re: 68 2V Carb FAA-18954-A Heater Hose Straps
« Last post by 67gta289 on Today at 10:00:31 PM »
The 1962 single year P&A catalog lists this part, plus a -B variant, as part of an Air Conditioner Kit.
« Last post by Bob Gaines on Today at 09:59:38 PM »
The ones that I have seen for that application were all aluminum. NPD sells some.
« Last post by 67gta289 on Today at 09:57:46 PM »
It certainly is an odd part number prefix.  The 60-68 MPC text has two listings, and the part is called "Hose Clamp" as part of a kit, and "Clamp - Radio Antenna Hose" in another.  The 65-72 has dozens of images showing a generic 18954 basic part number, but no listing of the FAA-18954-A part.
1968 Mustang / 68 2V Carb FAA-18954-A Heater Hose Straps
« Last post by dkknab on Today at 09:47:00 PM »
Never noticed these in the assembly manual except for now.  There are supposed to be 2 of them securing the hoses for 2V carb installations.  What is the length and width of these straps and are they rubber coated or just bare aluminum?

Also it's hard to see exactly how they are wrapped in the assembly manual page.  Does someone have some pictures of the proper installation they can share?
1970 Mustang / Re: 1970 Styled Steel Wheel Details
« Last post by J_Speegle on Today at 06:45:36 PM »
Hey guys,

Currently in the process of putting together a set of 14"x 7" styled steel wheels (the slotted ones) and trim rings/ hubcaps and am second guessing myself. The way I understood it and the way I have them painted, the back of these wheels are supposed to be a semi-gloss black and the outer face in Argent (silver).

However, using the same logic applied to the stock wheel covers that included some dark argent in the center section to blend with the rocker moldings- are the front face of the styled steel wheels on a Mach 1 and/ or Boss 302 painted in dark argent? Or maybe a slightly lighter argent? Or am I correct in my research of an argent?

Any input would be appreciated, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information on this option of wheels,

Guess they could be referred to as an argent variation or a Charcoal. Like the color of the side cladding on a 70 Mach has been. I guess you used the search feature and found the thread on the subject of 70 style steel wheels so will be merging this post with that older thread. It has some pictures of those wheels that I hope that will help. Don't know anyone that has found the original paint code for the wheels. I had some ones converted to 15"  but choose to powder coat those so that won't help
1968 Mustang / Re: 68 Radiator Support Plug Buttons
« Last post by dkknab on Today at 05:18:21 PM »
The assembly line wiring harness has the taped in locating plug that goes in that hole. The other holes for the tapped in loop style connectors are .25.

Thank you.  Mine is white and cracked.   I've seen it at least one other place behind the heater box. The one below the battery seems to be a different version and is black.  I have some new white ones on the way that I hope are good replacements.

I've also noticed that replacement wiring harnesses number c8zz-14290-b also seem too include the taped in T-clip  for that section just below the regulator.
1967 Mustang / Re: Gas Tank Stencil
« Last post by Anghelrestorations on Today at 04:09:31 PM »
Im picking up this thread since I am working on a more accurate gas tank stencil right now.  From what I have seen myself on original gas tanks there is a USS and a Wheeling stamp I have here, and then we see the ARMCO stamp that was posted here a while ago by Andrew.  That one is more unusual in my opinion...never seen one in person.

Does anyone have an original USS stamp they can measure on a gas tank?  I would like to confirm the overall outside dimensions with what I have here.  Im measuring 4 5/8 x 7 3/4 on a 1970 gas tank with a 3/8 border.

20240526_181133 by Marcus Anghel, on Flickr

20240526_181240 by Marcus Anghel, on Flickr 
1968 Mustang / Re: 68 Radiator Support Plug Buttons
« Last post by TLea on Today at 04:06:18 PM »

Can you tell me anything about the size of the hole next to the alternator regulator and whether a Metuchen car uses the T- clip instead of the strap per the assembly manual to secure the wiring harness? Also what size is the hole? Mine measures about .28 inches which is too large to hold the normal straps.
The assembly line wiring harness has the taped in locating plug that goes in that hole. The other holes for the tapped in loop style connectors are .25.
Parts for Sale / two NOS Ford logo mufflers 1970 part numbers
« Last post by mgreene on Today at 02:19:19 PM »
D0ZJ-5230-B and D0ZJ-5230-G never mounted with raised Ford oval logo. $250 each plus shipping from 35801.
Hi All,

I managed to take a picture of the actual pump.
By the looks of things it's a C8AE-J.

Your thoughts on this discovery are welcome.
The C8AE-J was not used until 1968 production. With that said the most logical conclusion is that apparently your original 1966 waterpump gave out and was replaced sometime after 1968 when the C8 waterpump came into use. At least as it relates the the C8AE-J waterpump.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10