Author Topic: dash panel difference  (Read 425 times)

Offline Ashley

dash panel difference
« on: April 13, 2022, 09:43:29 PM »
 In process of eliminating factory air on my 67 Coupe, is the dash panel the same on air and non air dashes? Dynacorn only list a dash panel with or without knee pad, no mention of air or non air option.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: dash panel difference
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 01:57:41 PM »
In process of eliminating factory air on my 67 Coupe, is the dash panel the same on air and non air dashes? Dynacorn only list a dash panel with or without knee pad, no mention of air or non air option.
Dash panel for all practical purposes is the same .  Why are you replacing the dash ? Is it damaged n some way?
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 03:47:54 PM »
If you adding or removing factory AC you don't need to do anything to the metal structure of the dash. Reproductions will be different from originals so IMHO no real benefit for using them unless you have no other choice in the world or someone just doesn't care
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 04:36:01 PM »
A set of Osborn Productions "1967 Mustang Assembly Manuals" might have answered your question.
Consider investing in a set.
Jim
Per the observations of the "Jeff" I was advised the topic was for a 1967 Mustang. The same applies, if you don't have a set of 67 Manuals, you should consider getting a set. (Actually, the 67 set is more complete than the 68.)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 06:36:17 PM by jwc66k »
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Ashley

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2022, 08:02:48 PM »
  Thanks for all replies, nothing wrong with dash panel, if removing the heater and air control with register below, would replacing with heater control only cover opening in dash panel? Ordered all Jim Osborn assembly manuals.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2022, 08:28:57 PM »
  Thanks for all replies, nothing wrong with dash panel, if removing the heater and air control with register below, would replacing with heater control only cover opening in dash panel? ..................

These pictures help? :)  Non AC 67 dash details

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2022, 09:25:08 PM »
The only difference in an AC dash is there is a small reinforcement bar in the center of the opening where the center AC outlet goes. It was cut out when AC was installed. There is no real need to replace it.