Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
1966 Mustang / Re: C4ZE Y1 4 Speed Radiator Questions
« Last post by J_Speegle on Today at 01:22:33 PM »
Thank you for the information.

I need to replace my top tank with the correct one.

Can anyone steer me to someone that might have a tank?

(1966 Mustang Dearborn top tank)

You will need to search high and low. I suggest wanted ads poster on the major Mustang sites. Remember that while your searching mention also the dates your focused on. since your doing a nation or international search anyway, might as well ask for it all then you can choose or make choices from what is found. Also it will reduce the number of times a potential seller might need to provide pictures or check what they have by stating it all up front.

Good luck with the search
« Last post by Bob Gaines on Today at 12:10:01 PM »

You probably know this but others reading may not in that the Dearborn and Metuchen top tanks have a squared off indention for a square folded over side strap and SJ has a round top indention for a rounded top side strap. 
« Last post by JeffWS on Today at 11:18:56 AM »

1969 Mustang / Re: Window crank screw cover
« Last post by ruppstang on Today at 09:14:16 AM »
Carefully use a hair dryer or a heat gun and it will come out with an Xacto  knife. If it is damaged they are not expensive to replace.
1969 Mustang / Re: Window crank screw cover
« Last post by rockhouse66 on Today at 08:07:59 AM »
If you are talking about the silver foil sticker, I just use the tip of an Xacto knife to get under an edge.  Since it is just a sticker, if it gets "unsticky" or bent, I replace it with a new one.
1969 Mustang / Window crank screw cover
« Last post by keeper on Today at 03:32:31 AM »
Anyone have a good tip on removing the screw cover insert on the window crank. If there is a way to do it without damaging or scratching the existing parts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for the help.
« Last post by J_Speegle on May 16, 2024, 11:33:48 PM »
.... I don't have the gallery password.

Your a member and the password and process when you logged in unlocks all those special members only parts of the site\

On the main page scroll down to the main section that included the sub area where you posted/found this thread and the main section below that you will find the Unrestored Picture section then just go to the list of cars and pick out a few V8 cars and look for the detail. If course if the subject/part is not in any or only one of those your welcome to ask as you did. The self help method just get you (sometimes) quicker answers and often people find it helpful to see pictures
« Last post by Bob Gaines on May 16, 2024, 11:18:53 PM »
If you are talking about the radiator cap inlet and if centered or not then the one that is centered is not for a Mustang. Mustangs radiator have the radiator cap offset. I think that one that is centered is for early Falcon .
1968 Mustang / Re: 381863-S2 clip nut
« Last post by dkknab on May 16, 2024, 10:38:27 PM »
The AMK guide to fasteners has a comprehensive listing of the Ford fastener numbers that refer back to the categories in the guide.

That's one book I don't have,  yet.
1968 Mustang / Re: steering column shims for non-tilt
« Last post by 67gta289 on May 16, 2024, 10:37:19 PM »
Like Jim, I did not find the C4ZA-3043 part listed anywhere.  I checked 1964,65, 66 single year parts and accessories catalogs, and the 1960-68 master parts and accessories catalog.

The closest I found was from the 1966 catalog, with three unique parts, each with a different thickness.  The only difference is the C5ZZ service part number as opposed to the C4ZA engineering part number.  They are likely one and the same.  Since this was a day two modification, Ford should have used the service part number - tsk tsk.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10