Author Topic: Guide to Original 1969 and 1970 Antennas  (Read 7132 times)

Offline 70cj428

Re: Guide to Original 1969 and 1970 Antennas
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2015, 02:45:33 PM »
Back in the early 1980's, I purchased a bunch of stuff that came out of a local radio shop that did installations for several area ford dealers. I got 6 or 7 "brown bag" antennas along with several NOS radio kits and a bunch of radio delete plates. Anyway......

I just went rooting around in my parts stash to see if I had cougar or mustang antennas and noticed that there were two variations of printing on the bags, some had the part number stamped like in the article, and several just had "69 MUSTANG" stamped on the bag. The bags also contained the extension wire that went from the radio to the antenna.

I'm wondering if these were the antennas that were shipped in the trunk and are just a different variation on the bag, or if they came out of Ford radio kits.  The antennas are the correct antennas, and if it matters they were probably all from Metuchen cars as the dealers were all in the Philadelphia area...

any thoughts ?   

John

Here's a pic. of one....

Offline GT500KR

• Charlie Ping
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2015, 09:13:04 PM »
Back in the early 1980's, I purchased a bunch of stuff that came out of a local radio shop that did installations for several area ford dealers. I got 6 or 7 "brown bag" antennas along with several NOS radio kits and a bunch of radio delete plates. Anyway......

I just went rooting around in my parts stash to see if I had cougar or mustang antennas and noticed that there were two variations of printing on the bags, some had the part number stamped like in the article, and several just had "69 MUSTANG" stamped on the bag. The bags also contained the extension wire that went from the radio to the antenna.

I'm wondering if these were the antennas that were shipped in the trunk and are just a different variation on the bag, or if they came out of Ford radio kits.  The antennas are the correct antennas, and if it matters they were probably all from Metuchen cars as the dealers were all in the Philadelphia area...

any thoughts ?   

John

Here's a pic. of one....
70cj428,
I would like to have one of those if correct for an October 69 Dearborn car.
Current Project:
64.5 Black DB Cpe
5F07D1131XX  4/14/64

The stable:
65 Ivy Green Coupe 4SPD
68 Candy Apple Red GT500KR 4SPD FB
70 Grabber Blue Boss 429
86 JalapeƱo Red GT  5SPD
91 Emerald Green Saleen Conv. 5SPD
03 Sonic Blue Cobra Conv.
07 Black GT500 Cp

Offline Anghelrestorations

• Anghel Restorations
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2015, 10:40:01 PM »
John....interesting stuff.  I am going to say I think that the bags marked 69 MUSTANG are not something that went thru Ford because they always had their own Ford numbers on everything to identify the parts.  This is something that could have been supplied directly from the manufacturer (Ward) who had a location in NJ to some third party.  That is a possibility.  But either way, if the antenna has the correct markings its a good piece.
Marcus Anghel
MCA National Gold Card Judge, 69-71 Mustang
SAAC National Head Judge, Boss Mustangs

www.anghelrestorations.com
www.facebook.com/anghelrestorations
www.instagram.com/anghelrestorations