Author Topic: Underhood details of Early 65  (Read 560 times)

Offline lead_foot

Underhood details of Early 65
« on: September 05, 2020, 02:57:21 PM »
I have an early 65 (Code date 15B) 5F07C. I'm looking for a source and/or pics so I can get the engine bay details right. Obviously this forum has most of this, but being an "early" I'm looking for the variations.

Examples of info I'm looking for: The MCA rule 3.BB states hood hinge/springs can be painted, but if I went ahead with the PO would it be a deduction?

Are the Shock Tower Caps painted or PO?

The accelerator linkage from the firewall: 3.H states Natural. Would that be bead blast to a bare metal appearance?

Your site is large (which is a good thing). Time gets away from me looking for such details. so I thought it better to just ask.

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
Re: Underhood details of Early 65
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 04:21:01 PM »
Examples of info I'm looking for: The MCA rule 3.BB states hood hinge/springs can be painted, but if I went ahead with the PO would it be a deduction?

you should have p&o finish. your car built too late to be painted.

painted semi gloss black.
5F09C331248

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Underhood details of Early 65
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 04:54:44 PM »
I have an early 65 (Code date 15B) 5F07C. I'm looking for a source and/or pics so I can get the engine bay details right. Obviously this forum has most of this, but being an "early" I'm looking for the variations...................................................

Your site is large (which is a good thing). Time gets away from me looking for such details. so I thought it better to just ask.

This is where the search feature often can help

using the words "hood hinge finish" and then focusing on the threads for the production period near yours

Using the words "hood hinge finish" and then focusing on the threads for the production period near yours

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=16903.msg105977#msg105977

In some examples you can also compare unrestored examples in that section of the site

The accelerator linkage from the firewall: 3.H states Natural. Would that be bead blast to a bare metal appearance?

Using "accelerator linkage" and then focusing on the threads for the production period near yours

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=500.msg2701#msg2701

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)