Author Topic: '67 horn not sounding(horns work with contact pins touched together)  (Read 449 times)

Offline socalgt

Jump wire between the two contact pins causes horns to sound, but not when the wheel(deluxe) is installed.  Does one of the contact rings on the wheel stay touching one of the pins all the time, and the other is supposed to contact the other ring when the horn tabs are pressed...or....do neither of the rings contact the pins until the horn tabs are pressed?  This will help me figure out what I need to do to fix this problem...hopefully.  I understand the column can be adjusted somewhat to bring the pins closer to the horn rings...I'm assuming that may be my fix, based on what I posted above.

Thanks...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 08:15:53 PM by socalgt »

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
Re: '67 horn not sounding(horns work with contact pins touched together)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 10:02:38 PM »
Both pins should contact their rings on the back of the steering wheel.  When the horn button is pressed, it makes electrical continuity between the two rings.  At least, this is how it works on 1966 wheels, which I am most familiar with.
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com