Author Topic: 69 Shelby Antenna extension wire routing  (Read 927 times)

Offline 69GT350H

• 1 of 10 Hertz Rentals from Miami Int Airport
    • RedsHost is my private forum and photo gallery site
69 Shelby Antenna extension wire routing
« on: December 15, 2018, 04:16:56 PM »
I know the antenna wire goes down the passenger side to the back of the car, but where does it cross over to the driver's side?
Accurate looking but not a Concours Restoration/build. See my build photo gallery at 69GT350 Hertz Build

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 69 Shelby Antenna extension wire routing
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 06:42:40 PM »
Guess your asking about a sportroof, just in case there is a difference.

First example I pulled up was an early sportroof and it ran above panel above the trap door and below the rear window to trunk panel. Entered the area by passing from the antenna to between the wheel house and the tall braces that connects the top of the trunk to the wheel house below the drivers side trunk hinge and support
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 69GT350H

• 1 of 10 Hertz Rentals from Miami Int Airport
    • RedsHost is my private forum and photo gallery site
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 08:48:17 PM »
Guess your asking about a sportroof, just in case there is a difference.

First example I pulled up was an early sportroof and it ran above panel above the trap door and below the rear window to trunk panel. Entered the area by passing from the antenna to between the wheel house and the tall braces that connects the top of the trunk to the wheel house below the drivers side trunk hinge and support

Yes, the car I have been working on for the past 28 years.  :-)  When the welder replaced the rear quarters, he pulled the cable out. I have a photo of it hanging out of the passenger door. Glad he pulled it as he replaced the filler panel and I'm sure it would have gotten damaged from the welding. But, I had no idea the path that it took and he did not tell.

Thank you.
Accurate looking but not a Concours Restoration/build. See my build photo gallery at 69GT350 Hertz Build

Offline AJ

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 09:16:20 PM »
Here are couple photos. Can’t confirm they represent correct routing, just documentstion photos during disassembly of mine (#1357 Dearborn).  Perhaps wise men will comment is/isn’t correct routing.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 09:22:00 PM by AJ »
Adrian Jacobs
70 Boss 302  Dearborn, 11/22/69, original calypso paint,  original family ownership.
70 GT500 , 02/26/69, a/c auto, candy red

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 02:14:17 AM »
Here are couple photos. Can’t confirm they represent correct routing, just documentstion photos during disassembly of mine (#1357 Dearborn).  Perhaps wise men will comment is/isn’t correct routing.
Yes it appears to be the correct routing however the terminal end on your antenna wire that screws into the antenna housing does not look typical.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby