Author Topic: Oil pressure warning light question  (Read 830 times)

Offline mach514

• Silver Level Subscriber
Oil pressure warning light question
« on: July 07, 2019, 11:06:53 PM »
I have a question that I can't seem to figure out by looking at the wiring diagrams.  On my 69 Shelby GT350, I have my gauge cluster out of the car and I noticed that below the tach next to the Brake warning light and the alternator light is a low oil pressure light. It has a bulb and a wire plugging it into the circuit board. I've never seen it light up. Because the car has an oil pressure gauge in the console is this light not connected? Or do I need to figure out what's wrong. It appears that  in the shop manuals I have seen two different sending units one for gauges and one for lights. This is making me believe that the light might be abandoned in favor of the gauge. Thanks in advance.    Dan

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Oil pressure warning light question
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 11:22:35 PM »
I have a question that I can't seem to figure out by looking at the wiring diagrams.  On my 69 Shelby GT350, I have my gauge cluster out of the car and I noticed that below the tach next to the Brake warning light and the alternator light is a low oil pressure light. It has a bulb and a wire plugging it into the circuit board. I've never seen it light up. Because the car has an oil pressure gauge in the console is this light not connected? Or do I need to figure out what's wrong. It appears that  in the shop manuals I have seen two different sending units one for gauges and one for lights. This is making me believe that the light might be abandoned in favor of the gauge. Thanks in advance.    Dan
Your suspicions are correct. On the 69/70 Shelby the light circuit is abandoned in favor of the gauge.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline mach514

• Silver Level Subscriber
Re: Oil pressure warning light question
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 10:02:54 AM »
Thanks Bob.