Author Topic: 67 Door Speaker's HELP!  (Read 1181 times)

Offline scodemike

• Mustangs by Mike
67 Door Speaker's HELP!
« on: December 04, 2010, 07:27:25 PM »
Anyone have any suggestions as to which repop speaker's fit?  I purchased Scott Drake 4x6 for the doors and they don't fit behind the door grille.  They stick out top/bottom at least an 1/8th of inch beyond original grilles.  I also purchased on eBay a pair of 4x8 door speakers that were suppose to be original and they don't fit.  Any help would be appeciated.  I don't have the originals and someone butchered the doors to install some kind of speaker.  I don't want to have to buy new doors just for this.  The car is a S code, C6, A/C, convenience light group and deluxe interior.  Mike

Offline scodemike

• Mustangs by Mike
Re: 67 Door Speaker's HELP!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 10:00:48 PM »
I think I know what I am doing wrong.  The speaker's mount inside the door sheel.  I thought of that but had a concern about clearance to the window and regulator.  This is on a Fastback.  Let me know if I my thinking is wrong?

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 11:18:32 PM »
Believe you have discovered the answer - don't forget the weather shields or make something that will work over the top of the speakers to keep the weather off ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline scodemike

• Mustangs by Mike
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 10:37:04 AM »
Thanks Jeff, you confirmed what I was thinking after my brain woke up.  The speaker's I purchased on eBay have the shields, I just need to get them re coned.