Author Topic: Help with VIN  (Read 1356 times)

Offline dan green

Help with VIN
« on: December 12, 2010, 10:32:38 AM »
I looked at a 67 convert last summer, it had front end damage at some time and had 3 of the 4 inner fenders and the radiator support replaced, so no VIN stamp.  The front frame rails appear to have been undamaged.  Also the door tag is not on the drivers door.  The title is a rebuilt/restored title.  I have what appeared to be a good VIN on the title (7R03A130720), of course before I bought the car I tried to get a Marti report but they told me that there was no record of that VIN, so Ford never produced it.  The car was a REALLY good deal so I bought it anyway.  I think the DMV messed up a number in the VIN at some point on the title.  I plan on making a driver out of the car so I am not too concerned but would still like to fix the VIN problem.

Any suggestions? 

Marti said they could probably track the car with the options but would HAVE to have the original selling dealer.  I don't have the dealer info.

I wondered if I could track it by options and a time frame (1 month) after the last date code I can find, a november date on the shock towers.  If my suspicion is correct there will be only one number off in the VIN.

It should be a SJ car, "A" code, MT, deluxe comfort weave black interior, with AC, dark moss green......how many could there be in a month period close to the VIN on my title?????

Offline svo2scj

• Car Collector and home to WHEEL CITY FAIRLANE
Re: Help with VIN
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 03:43:49 PM »
Kevin has an "al a cart" QUESTION page (costs like $5 per item asked)

Pose the question HOW MANY 1967  03 (conv) made at San Jose (r) with  A code engine , color code (Y) AND HOPEFULLY something really rare on the car.  (like luggage rack, power top/AC or AC- am/fm)

When he runs this - VIN's will be on his screen (he will be able to see anyone that is close to your number)

Mark
P.S.  Did you try (c) or (3) code engines already???
1969 R Code , Sportsroof (non Mach) W Axle
AB , Standard Interior  San Jose built 4/22/1969

Offline dan green

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 08:06:00 PM »
I didn't try any other engine codes, it doesn't seem likely that a "C" would be mistaken for an "A".  I thought it would most likely be one of the digits,130720.  And I believe the 130 is correct or the 13 because of the date stamps I have found and comparing them to another 67 convert I am working on being 108421.  I think the car was built the first part of december.

The "a la carte" question sounds good but I can't find the page on Marti's site.  I would be willing to spend a bit using his "research" option at $80/hr.

Does anyone own a 67 SJ car near #130720?????

Offline thefordshow

• fordcountry@bell.net
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 08:29:05 PM »
130720 would put your car around the first week of Nov.