Author Topic: Air cleaner  (Read 994 times)

Offline cob428

Air cleaner
« on: June 23, 2020, 11:28:57 AM »
Does anyone have a copy of the bulletin 114 for air cleaner modification. GT 500 built June of 69, has the nipple on the bottom of the base but can't find where the hoses go to? Previous owner also used sheet metal screws to hold a 390 snorkel on, I now have the correct snorkel but need to find the nuts that are part of the base to hold the snorkel on.
Concourse Wantabe
69 GT 500 Built Dearborn 06/69
A/C, Auto,
69 Mach 1 Metuchen 11/68
A/C, Auto 351 W
2009 Supersnake

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Air cleaner
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 11:58:13 AM »
Does anyone have a copy of the bulletin 114 for air cleaner modification. GT 500 built June of 69, has the nipple on the bottom of the base but can't find where the hoses go to? Previous owner also used sheet metal screws to hold a 390 snorkel on, I now have the correct snorkel but need to find the nuts that are part of the base to hold the snorkel on.
The special orange hose (Dead nuts On) goes from the nipple to the the Tee in the asbestos sheath covered choke tube (Dead nuts on has I think).Many choke tubes get changed out with ones without the tee.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline specialed

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 05:58:43 PM »
If u have a 70 gt500 the automatic choke was removed at kk and manual choke was installed.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 06:09:58 PM »
If u have a 70 gt500 the automatic choke was removed at kk and manual choke was installed.
Ed what have you seen mostly on 70 GT500, choke disconnected and left or disconnected and completely removed?
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline specialed

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 12:12:02 AM »
orange hose still on the base

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2020, 11:35:56 AM »
orange hose still on the base
I was asking about the asbestos covered choke tube and fresh air tube coming off of the exhaust manifold. What have you seen mostly on 70 GT500, choke tubes disconnected and left or disconnected and completely removed?

Offline specialed

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2020, 02:01:22 PM »
Completely removed as the tubes would be of no use and in the way not attached to anything on top of motor.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2020, 04:38:53 PM »
Completely removed as the tubes would be of no use and in the way not attached to anything on top of motor.
That is what I have always thought for the reasons you mentioned but was second guessing myself given the rubber tube was left on .Thanks for the confirmation.