Author Topic: 65 rear frame rail question  (Read 871 times)

Offline rtate

65 rear frame rail question
« on: December 28, 2021, 05:21:22 PM »
So a 65 K code built December 64 which is too early to be a GT.

But as a K code car would it still have the 2 holes on the rear frame rails and the anti crush supports or was this specific to GT's ?

I know the K codes just had a turn down exhaust and not the trumpet style.
December 10/64 Dearborn K code, Convertible
Silver Smoke Gray

Offline jwc66k

Re: 65 rear frame rail question
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2021, 07:12:23 PM »
So a 65 K code built December 64 which is too early to be a GT.
But as a K code car would it still have the 2 holes on the rear frame rails and the anti crush supports or was this specific to GT's ?
No to a "K".
The "official" date is 3/22/65 for a GT style exhaust including "K" Mustangs. Prior to that were the transverse exhaust system (to 10/15/64) and the Arvanode system (from 10/15/64 to 3/22/65).
(I hope.)
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline rtate

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2021, 09:50:33 PM »
Thanks Jim, that is what I was hoping to hear !
December 10/64 Dearborn K code, Convertible
Silver Smoke Gray

Offline k-code

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2021, 12:06:53 AM »
I have a Dec K code too. Definitely no crush support inside the frame rails. I do have the threaded holes.
I assumed the Arvinode was optional at this point in production. This is the first reference I?ve read that my vehicle for sure came with the Arvinode, which makes sense however because the original sales order and window sticker makes no reference to exhaust.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 12:08:55 AM by k-code »
Andy
65 K code coupe, Dearborn, Dec 18, '64

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2021, 01:44:39 AM »
I have a Dec K code too. Definitely no crush support inside the frame rails. I do have the threaded holes.
I assumed the Arvinode was optional at this point in production. This is the first reference I?ve read that my vehicle for sure came with the Arvinode, which makes sense however because the original sales order and window sticker makes no reference to exhaust.

There was not an option to choose the Arvinode system, it is simply what was used during that production time on K codes.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline k-code

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2021, 03:28:41 AM »

There was not an option to choose the Arvinode system, it is simply what was used during that production time on K codes.

Thanks for the confirmation. This makes it an easy decision for my exhaust change.
Andy
65 K code coupe, Dearborn, Dec 18, '64