Author Topic: Fastback fold down bumpers-Nov 65 San Jose built  (Read 229 times)

Offline 66gtoldmansford

Fastback fold down bumpers-Nov 65 San Jose built
« on: January 17, 2022, 10:10:37 AM »
Hello,

I have a November 65 build date SJ fastback.  The right angled part of the fold down back seat does not have a captured nut to attached the bumpers. It has a screw hole like the 65 seats have.  The flat part of the fold down seat has the cups for the 66 and not the backstop like the 65.  Both pieces appear to be original to the car.  Was this a rolling change at San Jose?

Thanks,

Chuck
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 03:36:41 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline jwc66k

Re: Fastback fold down bumpers
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 12:59:27 PM »
I have a November 65 build date SJ fastback.  The right angled part of the fold down back seat does not have a captured nut to attached the bumpers. It has a screw hole like the 65 seats have.  The flat part of the fold down seat has the cups for the 66 and not the backstop like the 65.  Both pieces appear to be original to the car.  Was this a rolling change at San Jose?
Chuck,
I have an October 18, 1965, San Jose build 66 Fastback and it uses the 66 type threaded, adjustable bumpers (I also have a 65 Fastback to compare to). From previous discussions on this forum, the "rolling change" for the seat bumpers apparently occurred in the late 65 model year. The mixing of types is incorrect. You should have the adjustable bumper type. There is a possibility that the threaded insert is present on the curved section front edge. Did you remove the chrome trim piece to do an eye-ball check? Also, the 65 front piece is NOT reproduced, so save it.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.