Author Topic: Tail light harness question  (Read 978 times)

Offline AJ

Tail light harness question
« on: March 08, 2023, 10:01:56 PM »
Anyone have a photo of an original tail light harness that still has original cotton sheathing on it.    I?m prepping mine to send to Rhode Island wire to get sheathing installed.  Specifically i?m wondering if the socket grounding harness (see photo) was outside or inside the sheathing.
Adrian Jacobs
70 Boss 302  Dearborn, 11/22/69, original calypso paint,  original family ownership.
70 GT500 , 02/26/69, a/c auto, candy red

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Tail light harness question
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2023, 10:08:31 PM »
Anyone have a photo of an original tail light harness that still has original cotton sheathing on it.    I?m prepping mine to send to Rhode Island wire to get sheathing installed.  Specifically i?m wondering if the socket grounding harness (see photo) was outside or inside the sheathing.
Outside. A word of caution do not do the dark gray almost black looking covering because you will be disappointed when a knowledgeable enthusiast points it out or you get points deduction in concours.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2023, 10:13:52 PM »
The ground portion is tape wrapped.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline AJ

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2023, 10:27:44 PM »
Thanks Bob.  Good info.  I may be in holding pattern for a bit since RI told me they couldn't get the bluish/green to pair up with the white cotton.  And no ETA on it either.   Not sure what i?ll do to keep project moving.
Adrian Jacobs
70 Boss 302  Dearborn, 11/22/69, original calypso paint,  original family ownership.
70 GT500 , 02/26/69, a/c auto, candy red

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2023, 10:40:23 PM »
Thanks Bob.  Good info.  I may be in holding pattern for a bit since RI told me they couldn't get the bluish/green to pair up with the white cotton.  And no ETA on it either.   Not sure what i?ll do to keep project moving.
Talk to Bossbill he solved the problem . Hopefully he can still give you positive insight.