Author Topic: Help with detail pics/description of what OE 70 Boss front disc rotors look like  (Read 827 times)

Offline boss167961

Help, brains trust.

Keen to know what features and markings/cast in or stamped in identifiers feature on an assembly line correct set of these.

And what identifies the correct KH wheel bolts pressed into the rotor hub?

Pics would be a great help in my hunt for a set.

Also the period two piece ones currently on my car have CENTURY cast into the back of them. A period aftermarket maker?? Who were Century?

Thanks as ever.
Martin

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Help, brains trust.

Keen to know what features and markings/cast in or stamped in identifiers feature on an assembly line correct set of these.

And what identifies the correct KH wheel bolts pressed into the rotor hub?

Pics would be a great help in my hunt for a set.

Also the period two piece ones currently on my car have CENTURY cast into the back of them. A period aftermarket maker?? Who were Century?

Thanks as ever.
Martin
Century is a modern after market company.  I would highly suggest looking at your spindles to see what the engineering number is seen from the back side from under the car on the spindle. First things first . Report back.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline boss167961

Century is a modern after market company.  I would highly suggest looking at your spindles to see what the engineering number is seen from the back side from under the car on the spindle. First things first . Report back.
Gday Bob
I have the correct spindles D0ZA-3108C and 3107C. I know. Something correct on my car that has not had to be swapped out cos it was wrong or repro. Amazing, right?

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Gday Bob
I have the correct spindles D0ZA-3108C and 3107C. I know. Something correct on my car that has not had to be swapped out cos it was wrong or repro. Amazing, right?
Hopefully your Century big bearing 2 pc Rotor /hub assembly is still usable. They have been obsolete even in the after market for a number of years now. People could at least find the rotor/hub assembly for the D0ZA-C ether two piece or one piece The 69 Boss used the D0ZA-B spindles that very unique and took a special rotor/hub that has been hard to find for over 40 years + . A short run of repro rotors for those are now history too. I don't think you can even find a one piece assembly for the D0ZA-B spindles but I hope I am wrong.  You are fortunate to at least have the Century brand 2 piece rotor for the D0ZA-C spindle. The hub is different and so is the rotor hat and hub in slight ways but once mounted with a wheel and tire the differences are virtually impossible to tell. All that you can typically find are the one piece rotor/hub now.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 11:24:31 PM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline boss167961

Hopefully your Century big bearing 2 pc Rotor /hub assembly is still usable. They have been obsolete even in the after market for a number of years now. People could at least find the rotor/hub assembly for the D0ZA-C ether two piece or one piece The 69 Boss used the D0ZA-B spindles that very unique and took a special rotor/hub that has been hard to find for over 40 years + . A short run of repro rotors for those are now history too. I don't think you can even find a one piece assembly for the D0ZA-B spindles but I hope I am wrong.  You are fortunate to at least have the Century brand 2 piece rotor for the D0ZA-C spindle. The hub is different and so is the rotor hat and hub in slight ways but once mounted with a wheel and tire the differences are virtually impossible to tell. All that you can typically find are the one piece rotor/hub now.

Interesting. My Centuries are stamped 26 77, which I assume refers to a 1977 batch date??

Bob, visually do the OE rotor units carry any FOMOCO, Ford or KH Markings?

Offline 67350#1242

Century Foundry in St. Louis was owned by Federal Mogul.  They closed around 2007, but before then they produced rotors for several aftermarket brands, including Raybestos.  Some Ford service rotors had the Century casting inside the rotor.
https://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=13533.0
67 Coupe SJ 11/16/66
67 GT350 SJ 2/01/67

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Interesting. My Centuries are stamped 26 77, which I assume refers to a 1977 batch date??

Bob, visually do the OE rotor units carry any FOMOCO, Ford or KH Markings?
The OE rotors do not typically carry FOMOCO or Ford trademarks . The studs commonly have a KH makers mark typically on the head of the stud seen from the back side. Visually as mentioned before there are differences' between the hubs and rotor fins compared to later service or aftermarket but as stated before once a wheel and tire are mounted those things are virtually impossible to see.

Offline boss167961

The OE rotors do not typically carry FOMOCO or Ford trademarks . The studs commonly have a KH makers mark typically on the head of the stud seen from the back side. Visually as mentioned before there are differences' between the hubs and rotor fins compared to later service or aftermarket but as stated before once a wheel and tire are mounted those things are virtually impossible to see.
Yeah, but I?ll know that I have non assembly line ones. And I?ve come so far in the last 8 years to make my Boss perfect. I?m at the final hurdle now and can?t give up. Who me? Obsessed?

Offline AJ

Im pretty sure these are original rotors from my dads 70 B2.   If experts disagree, i?ll delete to prevent misinformation.
Adrian Jacobs
70 Boss 302  Dearborn, 11/22/69, original calypso paint,  original family ownership.
70 GT500 , 02/26/69, a/c auto, candy red

Offline AJ

A few more
Adrian Jacobs
70 Boss 302  Dearborn, 11/22/69, original calypso paint,  original family ownership.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Yeah, but I?ll know that I have non assembly line ones. And I?ve come so far in the last 8 years to make my Boss perfect. I?m at the final hurdle now and can?t give up. Who me? Obsessed?
Best of luck on your search.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Im pretty sure these are original rotors from my dads 70 B2.   If experts disagree, i?ll delete to prevent misinformation.
They look like it to me.

Offline boss167961

A few more
Exactly what I was looking for, thanks AJ. As we say here in Australia ?you are a dead?s set legend?. In particular I was unaware of the cast-in notch in the hub face rim.
Martin

Offline AJ

Martin,  all credit to my ole dad.  Growing up poor in rural oil field areas of Oklahoma,  he never threw anything away  Have found several treasures in his iron oxide pile.
Adrian Jacobs