Author Topic: Adhesive for headliner  (Read 621 times)

Offline graceGt500

Adhesive for headliner
« on: May 21, 2024, 10:02:08 AM »
 Is there a "headliner glue" out there that works the best? I find I can get the headliner in place wrinkle free, but unless I put some chunks of windlace to hold it and let it dry over the next day or two, it will tend to fall off. I was using 3m trim adhesive, then started using weather strip ahesive with better results, but would much rather use the correct stuff.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Adhesive for headliner
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2024, 05:14:37 PM »
Believe there is a "super" version of the 3M spray adhesive available or was in small and large rattle cans and liquid so you could brush on or put in your own spray gun. Remember that this is a contact adhesive so both surfaces need to be sprayed then a short wait, then pressing those two surfaces together Used it since the early 60's and people before me used the same and we've been happy with the product Never hear  of using the neoprene weather strip adhesive and would not suggest plus they often (if not used on weatherstrip) can take a long time to dry if ever
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline RoyceP

Re: Adhesive for headliner
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2024, 09:25:32 AM »
3M makes several that would be appropriate for headliners. I use 3M 1357 and Fastbond 10 - typically a quart can will do a car.
1968 W code 427 Cougar XR-7 GTE Feb 23 Dearborn C6 / 3.50 open
1968 R code 428CJ Cougar XR-7 May 13 Dearborn C6 / 3.91 T - Lock